The Arizona Renaissance Festival has guidelines and heightened safety operations in response to COVID-19 for its patrons, staff, artisans, and performers.
The Festival’s open-air fairgrounds offer ample opportunity for social distancing within the 50-acre Village of Fairhaven.
- All Festival staff and participants will be wearing appropriate facial coverings.
- Patrons are hereby informed that an appropriate mask (no gaiter, bandana or vented) must always be worn except only when stationary while eating or drinking in one of the many mask-free picnic break areas located throughout the festival fairgrounds. No exceptions. Festival mask requirements will be enforced.
- When eating or drinking, patrons are asked to remain stationary. Picnic seating has been spread out across the festival and venues to accommodate mask removal and social distancing while eating.
- The CDC recommends frequent handwashing, with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds or alcohol based hand rub with 60-95% alcohol. Frequent hand washing and sanitizing is encouraged.
- The Festival has six fully stocked Privies (restrooms) throughout the festival with running water for our guests.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the Festival grounds to further increase accessibility.
- All Festival staff and participants will be screened for temperature and symptoms daily.
- Patrons are asked to self-screen, if feverish or symptomatic.
- The CDC recommends to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hand with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Guests are encouraged to practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others not within your party.
- 2021 ticket sales are date-specific, and quantities issued will be limited based on our capacity limits.
- Creative changes to our entertainment will maintain our immersive quality while keeping our entertainers and guests safe.
- AZRF has 50 acres of outdoor festival grounds that aid patrons in social distancing. The Festival is committed to supporting the health and safety of our patrons.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the festival grounds.
- AZRF staff and participants will spot sanitize high-touch areas throughout the day.
- Enjoy the magic of our venues, merchants, food, beverages, and entertainment safely and responsibly.
- Signs, staff, and participants are throughout the festival to remind and guide our patrons.
- Please follow directions from our Festival staff, security and participants and have patience as we work through these new safety and operational procedures.
- We look forward to celebrating our 33rd season of the Arizona Renaissance Festival with you!
WARNING: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Senior Citizens and Visitors with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the Arizona Renaissance Festival, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. We appreciate your cooperation during this unprecedented time. Visit the CDC website for the latest guidelines.
If the event is canceled due to new COVID-19 conditions or restrictions, tickets can be held for use for the 2022 festival or refunded if requested within 14 days of any cancellation.
Some imagery shown throughout our website are from previous seasons and do not represent current operational and safety guidelines.